Continuing with our healthy series this January. Let’s get a bit meaty and try out this reasonably healthy and quick to make dish – Lamb Chops and it is not the boring one’s that you put on a barbecue during the summer, where flavour is just salt & pepper.
Here goes the recipe.
Serves : 2-3 people.
What you need? (Ingredients)
For the Marinade
8-10 pieces of Lamb Chops (Fat removed)
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
1 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Pepper powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp Dried Mint / Mint Powder
1/2 tbsp Garlic Paste
1/2 tbsp Ginger Paste
1/2 cup Yogurt
1 tsp of Oil for cooking. (use any, I prefer vegetable oil).
Chat masala to taste
- Clean and soak the chops for 5 mins in lukewarm water and remove any excess fat.
- Stab chops with knife tip or fork to allow the marinade spices to go inside the meat.
- Mix all dry spices including salt and rub it in all sides.
- Mix yogurt, garlic and ginger paste together and rub the same making sure all sides of chops are coated.
- Leave the marinated chops for 2-3 hours. Overnight marination helps to intensify the flavours and make the meat even more tender.
- Grease the griddle pan with oil and grill on medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Make sure you get the charring on each side.
- Alternatively you can bake the chops in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes at 185 C.
- Sprinkle with chat masala and lemon juice. Serve hot.
Serving Suggestions : Serve it with Rumali Roti , mint chutney & pickled baby onions.
Tip : Mix yogurt with fresh coriander and mint leaves with bit of cumin, salt & pepper for quick dip.