Lemon and Chicken; two of the most versatile things in their own rights go amazingly well together. The acidity of lemon goes amazingly well with chicken and lifts the flavour of any bland chicken dish by a few notches. So instead of serving lemon on the side of a roast, why don’t we cook with lemon and a blend of some spices.
Here is the Recipe
What you need? (Ingredients)
1 whole chicken
1/2 cup of chopped ginger
2-3 cloves of garlic grated.
1 tsp of cumin powder
4-5 chopped green chillies
2-3 tbsp of Butter to cook
1/2 cup double cream (Use Greek yogurt for healthier version)
Bunch of Coriander leaves
Juice of 2-3 lemons.
1 tsp of Chicken masala
Salt & Pepper to taste.
- In a hot pan, add butter, garlic, ginger and chopped green chillies and cook on low heat for five minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and mix on high heat for a couple of minutes and then for 15 to 18 mins on medium heat, till the chicken is 90% cooked.
- Add salt, pepper, cumin powder and coriander leaves. Mix well for couple of minutes.
- Add cream/ yogurt and keep stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Chicken Masala and mix.
- Now add lemon juice and cook for a further 2 minutes on high heat.
- Serve hot.
Serve with a glass of scotch as a snack or accompany it with a plain prantha as a full meal.